St. Mary's County Public Schools recognizes and celebrates the great work done by staff each and every day. Each year, we recognize several employees that have been recognized for their service and dedication to St. Mary’s County Public Schools.
We are seeking nominations for our exceptional Education Support Professionals, Teachers, Principals, and Administrative/Supervisory Leaders. Each school site should submit a nominee for TOY and ESPY Nominations. All nominations are due by or before January 10, 2020.
- Education Support Professional of the Year (ESPY)
- Nominees include non-certificated staff in support professional positions, including secretaries, paraeducators, building service workers, dedicated substitutes, food service, safety assistants, and many more! The SMCPS Education Support Professional Professional of the Year will be selected from all staff nominated in this category.
- Outstanding Educator
- Nominees include certificated staff in roles such as classroom teachers, media specialists, counselors, and more! The Maryland Teacher of the Year and Washington Post Teacher of the Year will be selected from teachers nominated in this category.
- Leader of Excellence
- Nominees include administrative and supervisory staff in such roles as supervisor, principal, assistant principal and more! The Washington Post Principal of the Year will be selected from principals nominated in this category.
Our recipients for the 2018-2019 School Year were:
- Ms. Deborah Urich, Paraeducator at Greenview Knolls Elementary School, 2019 SMCPS Educational Support Professional of the Year
- Mrs. Jennifer Cord, Teacher at White Marsh Elementary School, SMCPS Maryland Teacher of the Year
- Ms. Tracy Harding, Social Studies Teacher at Leonardtown High School, SMCPS Washington Post Teacher of the Year
- Mr. Mike Egan, Principal of Dr. James A. Forrest Career and Technology Center, SMCPS Washington Post Principal of the Year
- Mr. Jason Hayes, Supervisor of Instruction for Science, SMCPS Leader of Excellence
- View the complete Recognition Ceremony