The office of Strategic Planning and Communications provides leadership in the development and facilitation of strategic planning and systemic initiatives.
Major responsibilities of this office include:
- Facilitating the development of the SMCPS 5 Year Strategic Master Plan, and ensures alignment with related system plans;
- Serving as primary liaison with system partners to support student and school system initiatives;
- Communicating school system initiatives and information to the schools, system, and the public; and
- Coordinates system-wide programs and initiatives.
The office supports the following specific functions:
- School and system websites, social media, and publications
- Video production and multimedia
- Employee evaluation system programs (TPAS, LPAS, CPAS, MPAS, IRTPAS)
- Employee recognition programs
- Partnerships with community stakeholders
- Press contacts and communications
- Graduation videography and streaming
- Replacement Diplomas
- Educational research requests