Health Services Advisory Committee
The St. Mary's County Public Schools Head Start Health Advisory Committee (HSAC) is to provide a forum to ensure comprehensive, integrated, and effective health services, as well as Health education for Head Start students, their families, and staff.
- To make recommendations on ways to implement Health Services Program Performance Standards.
- To participate in the St. Mary's County Assessment process to identify data on the health needs of potential children served.
- To identify medical,dental, and mental health services available within the community to support Head Start students and their families.
- To establish ongoing community partnerships with community to improve access to health services.
- To adopt SMCPS policies and procedures for medical emergencies.
- To assist in providing health related training to students, their families and staff.
- To participate in the annual self-assessment of the Head Start Program.