UPDATE to Student Registrations:
Parents wishing to register their child/children in St. Mary’s County Public Schools need to register at the school which is located in the attendance area where the student resides.
The following documents are required to register:
- Proof of date of birth will include one of the following:
- an original or copy of the student’s official birth certificate or
- hospital certificate
- physician’s certificate
- birth registration
- a valid, un-expired passport which gives the student’s date of birth
- Proof of residence will include one of the following:
- deed with 911 address assignment, mortgage statement with 911 address assignment, and/or rental agreement or lease which shows occupancy of an owned or rented domicile;
- building contract (letter from builder, realtor, landlord, etc., which indicates 911 address and projected occupancy date);
- current property tax bill/Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation form;
- current utility bill with parent(s)/legal guardian(s), name 911 address, and service address of a bona fide residence (no post office box is accepted - wireless telephone bills are not acceptable);
- a signed, notarized SMCPS PS 604 - Notarized Landlord Affidavit form from the landlord of the home in which the child lives verifying that the child resides at that 911 address. Include the language, "I solemnly affirm under the penalties of perjury and upon personal knowledge that the contents of the foregoing paper are true in the affidavit." If the documentation is from the landlord, then the landlord must provide the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) with proof of residence using one of the preceding categories;
- Patuxent River Naval Base housing form NOW-NATC-1110-1/15, Assignment to Public Quarters, which identifies bona fide residence in St. Mary’s County or other official documentation of housing as provided through the Private-Public Venture Housing/Military Housing Privatization Initiative;
- hardship case as determined by the Director of Student Services; or
- documentation as available through the Maryland Safe At Home Address Protection Program (COMAR.01.02.11).
- Social Security Number (optional)
- Withdrawal/Transfer from previous school
In order for your child to enter a Maryland public school for the first time, the following health-related Items are required:
- A physical examination by a physician or certified nurse practitioner must be completed within nine months prior to entering the public school system or within six months after entering the system.
- Evidence of complete primary immunizations against certain childhood communicable diseases is required for all students in preschool through the twelfth grade.
- Evidence of blood testing for lead screening is required for all students born on or after 1/1/2015 when first entering pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and first grade.
- If you have any questions related to these health-related requirements, you may contact the Supervisor of Health Services at 301-475-5511, extension 32150.
For additional information regarding Kindergarten and Early Kindergarten registration visit this page: