The following resources are available to Students, their families, and our staff. Recent, tragic events have moved the need for such resources to the foreground. Please, take advantage of them.
Great Mills High School
For the staff and students of GMHS we have created a dedicated webpage with numerous Counseling resources all available free of charge. These services provided by local mental health service providers:
Resources for Dealing with Trauma
- Addressing Grief: Brief Facts and Tips | PDF | SPANISH
- Trauma: Brief Facts and Tips | PDF | SPANISH
- Talking to Children about Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers | PDF | SPANISH
- Tips for Parents & Caregivers Helping Teens with Traumatic Grief (PDF)
- Tips for Parents about Media Coverage (PDF)
Below is a list of resources that are locally available.
- Local Resources Brochure
- St. Mary's County Health Department Resources
- St. Mary's County Library Resources
- Evening Counseling Center Flyer
- Employee Assistance Program (for SMCPS staff)