Equity, Engagement, and Early Access
The Department of Equity, Engagement, and Early Access has oversight for a variety of federally and state/locally funded programs. The office supports the following programs, grants, and resources:
- Chesapeake Public Charter School (CPCS)
- Educational Equity Citizens Advisory Council
- Equitable Services for Title I Non-Public Schools
- Equity Assurance Coordination
- Full Day Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Judy Center Early Learning Hubs
- Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA)
- Teacher Academy of Maryland (TAM)
- Title I, Part A
- This is a federally funded program for economically disadvantaged children. We serve five elementary schools in the Lexington Park corridor including: George Washington Carver, Green Holly, Greenview Knolls, Lexington Park, and Park Hall Elementary Schools. Please click on the Title I link to learn more.
2023-2024 Pre-Kindergarten Application
St. Mary’s County Public Schools (SMCPS) offers full day Pre-Kindergarten 4 to children that reside in St. Mary’s County, Maryland, meet age requirements, and are income eligible.
- A child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- A family must verify their annual income is at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Families that are at 185% FPL will be served first.
For general questions, please contact Department of Equity, Engagement, and Early Access.
(301) 475-5511, ext. 32136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.