Dr. J. Scott Smith, Superintendent of Schools, 301-475-5511, ext. 32178
Dr. Maureen Montgomery, Deputy Superintendent of Schools, 301-475-5511, ext. 32178
LEONARDTOWN, MD – St. Mary's County Public Schools (SMCPS) is in the process of renewing its textbook materials for Social Studies in grades 6, 7, 10, 11, and Advanced Placement Comparative Government and Advanced Placement Economics.
The following textbooks will be available for review from April 20, 2020 – May 1, 2020, on the SMCPS website at https://www.smcps.org/dci/social-studies/textbook-adoption-review
• Pearson’s World History: Early Ages (grade 6)
• Pearson’s World Geography (grade7)
• Pearson’s Magruder’s American Government (High School American Government)
• Pearson’s World History: The Modern Era (High School World History)
• W. W. Norton’s Essentials of Comparative Politics with Cases (Advanced Placement Comparative Government)
• Bedford, Freeman, and Worth’s Krugman’s Economics for the AP Course (Advanced Placement Economics)
For more information, please contact Mr. Kevin Wright, Supervisor of Instruction for Social Studies, at 301-475-5511, ext. 32128.