SMCPS uses Google for webmail and cloud computing services. For more information about Google for Education go here.
Note: By logging into the St. Mary's County Public Schools Web Based E-Mail system, you accept the terms of the SMCPS Network Usage Standards posted below.
SMCPS Information Technology staff will NEVER ask for your password via e-mail or any other electronic message. If you receive an email message you are unsure of, do not hesitate to forward the message to the IT helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 301-475-2138.
Network Usage Standards
- All use of the network and email communications must be in support of education, research and professional usage that is consistent with the purposes of St. Mary's County Public Schools.
- Any use of the network to facilitate illegal activity is prohibited, including copyright violations.
- Any use of the network for commercial or for-profit purposes is prohibited.
- Users shall not intentionally seek information (i.e. passwords, files, settings) about other users, or misrepresent other users on the network.
- All communications and information accessible via the network should be assumed to be private property.
- No use of the network shall serve to disrupt the use of the network by others.
- No hardware or software shall be destroyed, modified, or abused in any way.
- Malicious use of the network to develop programs that harass other users, or to infiltrate a computer or computer system is prohibited.
- Hate mail, harassment, discriminatory remarks, and other antisocial behaviors are prohibited.
- The illegal installation of copyrighted software for use on school computers is prohibited.
- Use of the network to access obscene or pornographic material is prohibited.
Disregard of the SMCPS network standards may be subject to disciplinary actions.