The primary function of the Deputy Superintendent’s office is to provide vision, leadership, and support to schools in the areas of curriculum and instruction, assessment, special education, student services, and supplemental school programs. This work includes the development and support of school-based leaders through professional development to fulfill the commitments of the school system.
The Deputy Superintendent’s office is comprised of the Division of Instruction, which includes:
- The Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- The Department of Special Education
- The Department of Student Services
- The Department of Supplemental School Programs
- The Department of Assessment and Accountability
The Division of Instruction has a unified goal of supporting schools using current research-based, best practices to guide instructional decisions that are customized for each one of our students. Equal access and opportunity are essential in order for them to reach their full potential and be successful, productive citizens in the 21st Century.