Skip to main content
What Your Child Will Learn in Pre-Kindergarten:
Counting and Cardinality
- Know number names and the count sequence.
- Count to tell the number of objects (up to 10)
- Compare Quantities
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Work with numbers 0-10 to gain foundations for place value.
Measurement and Data
- Describe and compare measurable attributes.
- Sort objects into categories and compare quantities.
- Identify and describe two-dimensional shapes (circles, triangles, rectangles; including a square which is a special rectangle).
- Work with three-dimensional shapes to gain a foundation for geometric thinking.