SMCPS uses Bridges in Mathematics, 2nd Edition, as a primary resource for teaching your child the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics.
Kindergarten Math Content
- count objects and tell how many there are
- write numerals 0-20
- compare numbers or sets of objects to tell which has more or less
- add & subtract quickly and easily to 5
- add & subtract within 10 using objects, fingers, drawings, numbers, or equations
- solve addition and subtraction story problems
- understand that teen numbers are 10 and some more
- identify and describe shapes
- understand length and weight as something that can be measured
Parent Letters by Quarter
Please follow the links below to read more detailed parent letters for each unit.
- Unit 7, Weight & Place Value Parent Letter
- Unit 8, Computing and Measuring with Frogs & Bugs Parent Letter
Additional Helpful Resources:
Helping Your Child Learn Mathematics (USDE) - Fun activities to help your child learn mathematics.