SMCPS teachers use Bridges in Mathematics, 2nd Edition as a primary resource for teaching your child the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
Third Grade Math Content
- use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to solve story problems
- solve multiplication and division facts accurately and efficiently
- multiply 1-digit numbers by multiples of 10, e.g., 3 x 70
- add and subtract 2- and 3-digit numbers
- compare, recognize, and generate equivalent fractions and place them on a number line
- estimate and measure in time, liquid volume, and masses of objects
- round numbers to nearest 10 or 100
- tell time to the minute
- estimate and measure liquid volume and mass in metric units
- solve area and perimeter problems
- identify and construct different kinds of quadrilaterals
- sort and classify shapes
Family Welcome Letter An introduction to Bridges including an overview of the year.
Parent Letters by Quarter
Please click on the links below to read more detailed parent letters for each unit.