Reading: Literature/Informational Text
- Identify major events or details in a story.
- Retell familiar stories.
- Identify the role of the author and illustrator.
- Explore meanings of unknown words.
- Integrate knowledge and ideas.
- Engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
- Understand basic features of print.
- Show phonological awareness.
- Apply grade level phonics and decoding skills.
- Engage with a variety of text.
- Use drawing, dictating, or developmentally appropriate writing for a variety of purposes.
- Produce and distribute writing.
- Explore a variety of digital tools to express ideas (integrating technology).
|Speaking and Listening
- Participate in collaborative conversations.
- Ask and answer questions.
- Present knowledge and ideas.
- Demonstrate beginning understanding of the conventions of Standard English.
- Acquire and use vocabulary.