| Reading: Literature/Informational Text
- Identify key ideas and details in a text.
- Recognize craft and structure.
- Integrate knowledge and ideas.
- Read a range of texts of various levels of text complexity.
| Foundational Skills
- Understand print concepts.
- Show phonological awareness.
- Use phonics in word recognition.
- Read with fluency.
- Write a variety of text types and for a variety of purposes.
- Produce and distribute writing.
- Research to build and present knowledge (integrating technology).
|Speaking and Listening
- Comprehend and collaborate.
- Present knowledge and ideas.
- Use the conventions of Standard English.
- Acquire and use vocabulary.