What Your Child Will Learn in Fifth Grade:
|Reading: Literature/Informational Text || |
- Identify key ideas and details such as drawing inferences, summarizing, and analyzing the plot.
- Recognize craft and structure such as word choice and author’s point of view.
- Integrate knowledge and ideas by comparing and contrasting.
- Read a range of texts of various levels of text complexity.
|Foundational Skills || |
- Understand print concepts.
- Show phonological awareness.
- Use phonics in word recognition.
- Read with fluency.
| Writing || |
- Write a variety of text types and for a variety of purposes.
- Produce and distribute writing.
- Research to build and present knowledge (integrating technology).
|Speaking and Listening || |
- Comprehend and collaborate.
- Present knowledge and ideas.
|Language || |
- Use the conventions of Standard English.
- Acquire and use vocabulary.
Video links above require a free registration to use LearnZillion. Parents can create a free "teacher" account here. Once logged in you can access the Background Information and Guided Practice videos without interruption.