What Your Child Will Learn in Fourth Grade:
- Identify key ideas and details such as drawing inferences, determining the main idea, summarizing, and analyzing characters.
- Recognize craft and structure such as understanding figurative language, the structure of a text, and the narrator’s point of view.
- Integrate knowledge and ideas by comparing and contrasting stories in the same genre, and integrating information from two texts on the same topic.
- Read a range of texts of various levels of text complexity.
- Understand print concepts.
- Show phonological awareness.
- Use phonics in word recognition.
- Read with fluency.
- Write a variety of text types and for a variety of purposes.
- Produce and distribute writing.
- Research to build and present knowledge (integrating technology).
|Speaking and Listening
- Comprehend and collaborate.
- Present knowledge and ideas.
- Use the conventions of Standard English.
- Acquire and use vocabulary.
Video links above require a free registration to use LearnZillion. Parents can create a free "teacher" account here. Once logged in you can access the Background Information and Guided Practice videos without interruption.
Additional Helpful Resources: