What Your Child Will Learn in Third Grade:
|Reading: Literature/Informational Text
- Identify key ideas and details by asking and answering questions about a text, recounting stories, fables, and folktales and their theme, and by describing characters’ traits and actions.
- Recognize craft and structure by determining the meaning of words and phrases, the sequence of events, text features, and point of view.
- Integrate knowledge and ideas by comparing and contrasting key details in two texts on the same topic.
- Read a range of texts of various levels of text complexity.
- Understand print concepts.
- Show phonological awareness.
- Use phonics in word recognition.
- Read with fluency.
- Write a variety of text types and for a variety of purposes.
- Produce and distribute writing.
- Research to build and present knowledge (integrating technology).
|Speaking and Listening
- Comprehend and collaborate.
- Present knowledge and ideas.
- Use the conventions of Standard English.
- Acquire and use vocabulary.
Video links above require a free registration to use LearnZillion. Parents can create a free "teacher" account here. Once logged in you can access the Background Information and Guided Practice videos without interruption.
Additional Helpful Resources: