Before embarking in online learning opportunities, you should do some self-reflection. Do you meet the following criteria of a successful online learner?
Digital learners should
- be self-motivated, independent learners who are able to manage their work schedule;
- be able to manage and schedule time to complete the coursework in a timely manner on a regular basis;
- be able to communicate thoughts and ideas electronically;
- be prepared to engage in all aspects of the online learning environment;
- understand the basics of Office applications;
- have an active email account; and
- be excited to learn new tools.