St. Mary's County Public Schools recognizes and celebrates the great work done by staff each and every day. Each year, we recognize several employees that have been recognized for their service and dedication to St. Mary’s County Public Schools.
We are seeking nominations for our exceptional Education Support Professionals, Teachers, Principals, and Administrative/Supervisory Leaders. Each school site should submit a nominee for TOY and ESPY Nominations. All nominations are due by or before January 12, 2018.
- Education Support Professional of the Year (ESPY)
- Teacher of the Year (TOY)
- Principal of the Year (POY)
- Leader of Excellence
Our recipients for the 2017-2018 School Year were:
- Ms. Patricia Herr, Paraeducator at Lexington Park Elementary School, 2018 SMCPS Educational Support Professional of the Year
- Ms. Heather Russell, Secretary at Chopticon High School, 2018 SMCPS Educational Support Professional of the Year
- Ms. Sarah Lorek, Music Teacher at Chopticon High School, SMCPS Maryland Teacher of the Year
- Ms. Heather Husk, Social Studies Teacher at Leonardtown Middle School, SMCPS Washington Post Teacher of the Year
- Ms. Beth Ramsey, Principal of Capt. Walter Francis Duke Elementary School, SMCPS Washington Post Principal of the Year
- Mr. Chuck Dunbar, Assistant Principal at Great Mills High School, SMCPS Leader of Excellence
- Ms. Becky Loker, Supervisor of Instruction for Elementary Mathematics, SMCPS Leader of Excellence