St. Mary's County Public Schools recognizes and celebrates the great work done by staff each and every day. Each year, we recognize several employees that have been recognized for their service and dedication to St. Mary’s County Public Schools.
We are seeking nominations for our exceptional Education Support Professionals, Teachers, Principals, and Administrative/Supervisory Leaders. Each school site should submit a nominee for TOY and ESPY Nominations. All nominations are due by or before January 12, 2018.
- Education Support Professional of the Year (ESPY)
- Teacher of the Year (TOY)
- Principal of the Year (POY)
- Leader of Excellence
Our recipients for the 2016-2017 School Year were:
- Ms. Karyn Timmons, Parent Liaison at Lexington Park Elementary School, 2017 SMCPS Educational Support Professional of the Year
- Ms. Kristen McIntyre, Instructional Resource Teacher at Greenview Knolls Elementary School, SMCPS Maryland Teacher of the Year
- Ms. Mary Jane Selph, Vocational Support Teacher at the Dr. James A. Forrest Career and Technology Center, SMCPS Washington Post Teacher of the Year
- Ms. Jennifer Gilman, Principal of Hollywood Elementary School, SMCPS Washington Post Principal of the Year