Employees: Normal

Schools: Normal

Employee Status Information

Student Registration Information

Parents wishing to register their child/children in St. Mary’s County Public Schools need to register at the school which is located in the attendance area where the student resides.  You can locate your school here.

(For an explanation of registration issues please click here

Parents will need to bring with them the following:

  • Proof of date of birth will include one of the following:
    • an original or copy of the student’s official birth certificate
      • hospital certificate
      • physician’s certificate
    • a valid, un-expired passport which gives the student’s date of birth
    • a Maryland Student Transfer Record, SR Card 7, or an unofficial transcript from the last school attended which includes the student’s date of birth.
    • an original or certified true copy of the student’s baptismal certificate which includes the student’s date of birth
  • Proof of residence will include one of the following:
    • deed with 911 address assignment, mortgage paper with 911 address assignment, and/or rental agreement or lease which shows occupancy of an owned or rented domicile;
    • building contract (letter from builder, realtor, landlord, etc., which indicates 911 address and projected occupancy date);
    • current property tax bill/Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation form;
    • current utility bill with parent(s)/legal guardian(s), name 911 address, and service address of a bona fide residence (no post office box is accepted - wireless telephone bills are not acceptable);
    • a signed, notarized affidavit from the landlord of the home in which the child lives verifying that the child resides at that 911 address.  Include the language, "I solemnly affirm under the penalties of perjury and upon personal knowledge that the contents of the foregoing paper are true in the affidavit."  If the documentation is from the landlord, then the landlord must provide the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) with proof of residence using one of the preceding categories;
    • Patuxent River Naval Base housing form NOW-NATC-1110-1/15, Assignment to Public Quarters, which identifies bona fide residence in St. Mary’s County or other official documentation of housing as provided through the Private Public Venture Housing/Military Housing Privatization Initiative;
    • St. Mary’s County official 911 address assignment;
    • hardship case as determined by the Director of Student Services; or
    • documentation as available through the Maryland Safe At Home Address Protection Program (COMAR.01.02.11).
  • Social Security Number
  • Withdrawal/Transfer from previous school

In order for your child to enter a Maryland public school for the first time, the following Health Related Items are required:

  • A physical examination by a physician or certified nurse practitioner must be completed.
  • Evidence of complete primary immunizations against certain childhood communicable diseases is required for all students in preschool through the twelfth grade.
  • Evidence of blood testing for lead screening is required for all students who reside in a designated at-risk area when first entering pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and first grade.
  • The physical examination form, the Maryland Immunization Certification form, and the Blood-Lead Testing Certificate form can be accessed and downloaded
  • The requirements for immunizations for school aged children can be accessed and downloaded here

If you have any questions related to these health related requirements, you may contact Patricia Wince, Supervisor of Health Services, at 301-475-5511, extension 32150.

Medical Forms:  

  • PS 109 - Parents/Legal Guardians and Physician/Prescriber Authorization - Medication Orders
  • PS 110 - Parents/Legal Guardians and Physician/Prescriber Authorization - Medical Procedures
  • PS 132 - Parental and Physician Diabetes Medication/Medical Treatment Authorization
  • PS 400 - Guidelines for Parents/Legal Guardians:  Over-the-Counter Medications
  • PS 401 - Guidelines for Parents/Legal Guardians:  Prescription Medication