The rules of conduct for Evening High School are similar to the rules student must follow at day school; however, there will be no suspensions for misconduct. Students who violate the rules or who have more than the allowed number of absences or tardies will be subject to immediate withdrawal.
- Students are expected to attend sessions on time each time the class meets.
- Only three absences per class per marking period are allowed.
- Absences are not considered lawful or unlawful.
- Parents/guardians will be notified of absences.
- Students will be withdrawn from a class if a fourth absence occurs.
- Students who arrive late must report directly to Evening High School office to sign in.
- Students must have a pass from the office to be admitted to class.
- Three tardies per marking period will equal one absence.
Ø A student arriving less than 15 minutes late will earn one tardy.
Ø Students who are 15 – 30 minutes late will earn two tardies.
Ø Students arriving more than 30 minutes late will earn an absence.
Ø A student who has two classes in one evening and then is tardy to the second class after being present for the first class will earn two tardies.
- Students may not leave the building without permission from the Evening High School office.
- If a student has two classes in one evening and wants to leave after the first class, he/she must check out in the Evening High School office.
- Parents will be notified of early checkout from school..
Ø A student checking out less than 15 minutes early will earn one tardy.
Ø Students checking out 15 – 30 minutes early will earn two tardies.
Ø Students checking out more than 30 minutes early will earn an absence.
- Students who arrive early are to report to the holding room. No student is to be in the halls before the bell rings.
- Students are not to loiter in the parking lot before or after classes. Students who arrive early are to immediately go the holding room inside the building.
STUDENT ENTRANCE AND EXIT:
- All students are to be dropped off and picked up at the Evening High School entrance.
- Students may only enter and exit the building through this door.
- Students found using another entrance to the building or found in any other area of the building before, during, or after school may be subject to withdrawal from Evening High School.
- Students may not leave the building without permission from the Evening High School office which includes between classes and at break time.
- Students not picked up within 15 minutes of the end of class may be subject to withdrawal from Evening High School.
- Students who drive to Evening High School will park in the bus lanes.
- Students will drive safely while on school grounds.
- Students may not leave the building without permission from the Evening High School office including between classes and at break time.
- Any form of fighting or physical or verbal assault will be not be tolerated.
- Students will be subject to immediate withdrawal from Evening High School.
- Students are to be courteous and respectful to staff members and other students at all time.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in withdrawal from Evening High School.
POSSESSION AND/OR USE OF TOBBACCO PRODUCTS, DRUGS, OR ALCOHOL:
- Any students possessing and/or using tobacco products, drugs, or alcohol on school property or coming to school under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be subject to immediate withdrawal from Evening High School.
- Any member of the Evening High School or Leonardtown High School staffs may report a student possessing and/or using tobacco products, drugs, or alcohol.
- Pagers, beepers, and cell phones are not to be turned on while on school property, nor are they to be visibly displayed.
- Text messaging or phones set to “vibrate” are prohibited.
- Students may request to use the phone in the Evening High School office.
- Radios or personal musical devices are not allowed.
- St. Mary’s County Public Schools assumes no liability for lost or stolen personal items of any student.
- Students are expected to dress in a neat and appropriate matter.
- Any apparel that causes or is likely to cause a disruption to the instructional program is prohibited.
- Hats or other head coverings are not to be worn in the building.
- Evening High School reserves the right to refuse admittance to any student not dressed appropriately, and if sent home, the student would earn an absence.
- Students will usually have a five minute break half way through each class and may consume snacks and beverages during this time.
- This privilege may be revoked at the discretion of the Evening High School administrators.
- Students may not leave the building during break.