Assessment and Accountability
The Department of Assessment and Accountability (AAO) works collaboratively with the Departments of Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education, Student Services, and Informational Technology to ensure that focused, differentiated instruction and multiple technologies support the SMCPS mission to ensure that all students graduate College and Career Ready (CCR).
AAO collects, analyzes, and applies instructional data to assist students, teachers, instructional leaders, parents and the public. The goal is to enhance learning and ultimately impact student achievement.
AAO also serves as the primary resource for monitoring student achievement using data from various sources, including locally developed district and state-mandated assessments
This department focuses on four core areas:
- Accountability: Data Analyses of local and state assessments
- Online Learning/Learning Managements Systems
- Technology Integration
- data warehouse: management of local assessments
- state and national assessments
Our goal is build 21st Century global learners by integrating technology that will:
- enhance our students' learning experiences by addressing individual learning styles;
- build 21st century skills necessary for communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity;
- improve the use of data for instructional planning, and
- improve the functionality of administrative operations.
Technology in the schools is designed to support the teaching and learning process, improving student learning and educator proficiency.
Data analyses in the schools is designed to assist in the differentiation of instruction for students with various abilities so as to remediate and/or enrich instruction as appropriate.
CLICK HERE to access the Department of Assessments and Accountability Google Site (SMCPS employees only) for additional online resources and training materials.